Monday, August 10, 2009

I love a man with a plan!

Football has started. It's my son's first year in tackle and they are working their tiny little butts off! I was only going to watch the 1st hour of practice but it was so hysterical I stayed to the end. Their coach is sounding very manly and military-ish as he has them run down the field for a leaf - "Hustle! You better not be walking! Run! If you're not her in 10 seconds...10, 9, 8!" and on and on...They'd get back with a leaf and he'd yell, "I said I wanted pine tags! Not leafs! Go! Go! Go!" they'd get back and he'd yell, "I want pinecones! You get down there and bring me a pine cone!" After the 3rd round of this some kids came back with all 3. When he demanded the next thing they held it up! He declared them "out" and sent everyone else for another run. These kids got congratulated for using their heads...Bet they'll try that the 1st run next time.

But on to the plans...KJ has been reading my book from the ASPCA on dog breeds. I think I mentioned that a couple weeks ago but I learned why last week. The book is about 2 inches thick. He's been combing through it reading up on all the breeds. You see he has plans to play football all through high school. He's declared he'll be going to Beach Week in high school and has narrowed down his college choices to 3 picks. He wants to live off campus in an apt because dorms don't allow dogs and he wants to take Sprout to college with him. He's reading my book because he needs to select a breed to own as an adult. He's decided his criteria include a friendly dog that's not too big and travels well...This is important because he will be playing in the NFL and his dog will travel with him. He will have a wife and kids that live in the city he plays for and they will travel to away games with him on the weekend. He's concerned about not being able to attend his kids sporting events but figures if they live where he plays he can get to most events. He's decided against home-schooling because they won't have enough friends.

This is a man with a plan. He's only 8 and thought all this through. Wow.

7 comments:

  1. Damn, he does have a plan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great kid! That's gonna be one lucky gal that gets him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how great is that! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can he plan mine out? his sounds better than anything i can think of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow....I'm impressed! I can hardly plan next week.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...My plans at 8 were not so clear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8/12/2009

    LMAO on both the coaches way of doing things and the man with a plan. Wow, the NFL, so he will be bringing in the money, Should tell him add supporting you to the plan also. ;-)

    ReplyDelete