Monday, August 17, 2009

Football Consumes us now...

One upon a time as a single Mommy I worked, and attended college full time and devoted all the time I could to my child. She got older and became a cheerleader. I'd load up the boy in the stroller and we'd head out to 2 hour cheerleading practices every weekday with a game each weekend. Then they aged.

The eldest no longer cheers but I'd grab the boy and the youngest girl and head out to 2 hour football practice daily, with games on Saturdays...

The youngest starts kindergarten this fall and isn't even in sports yet. It's the boy's first year of tackle football so we've been doing 2 hour practices for a week now and I am tired.

The sad part is that with J here and the ex-MIL at the ex's house the girl does not have to go. The ex has visitation so I can only claim a need to attend 2-3 days a week...And he's coaching so I could bail and just show up for the games, but the Mommy in me won't let me.

Perhaps it's the difference that he plays sports year-round. Perhaps it's that with the eldest being 20 I've had my share? I don't know. I do know I'm not totally looking forward to this season though. I fell like I was cruising along through summer and someone sucked all my time away from me in one fell swoop.

I'm sure once school starts and it's no longer 90 degrees at 830pm I will feel better about it. But for now, I am simply one tired Mom.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, that all sounds very exhausting. I now what you mean about your time being sucked away! Fostering is alot of work too!

    Even though it went by quickly, I try to focus on the fun things I did get to do!

    We still need to get together for coffee sometime! No pressure though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where you are coming from....had 3 in sports all year round. And I always secretly wished it would hurry up and be done. And now that they are grown...I miss it. I can't even believe it but I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I got tired just reading about that schedule. All I can do is say, YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Jess, YOU GO GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/19/2009

    I don't know how you guys do it. I didn't realize all those pratices through the week was the norm. I don't remember it being like that as a kid but maybe it was.
    I would love to be at the games and practices too so know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete