Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sick, Twisted & Fall Down Funny

The new foster barks all night. I know this because I'm not the only one who lives here. While I sleep like the dead she's kept other folks up all night...C's boyfriend even reported hearing her in the background while she chatted with him in bed - on the phone, you bad people! She sleeps upstairs while Cassidy is crated in the living room at bed time....So, we borrowed a bark collar. Now not wanting Cassidy to be selfish I figured she could share with her friends (insert diabolical laugh here.)

I have contemplated them in the past for my pups but disregarded the idea. Once I had one at my disposal though the fantasy began! You see, Piggy barks when you come home, when you leave and at anyone she thinks might come to our home, as well as at any foster I bring in for about a week...but inside only. And Sprout? Well he barks when teasing the piggy and at the rotten neighbors...outside only. So you know what I did right?

I came home and put the collar on Layla. She barked, as she normally does and looked all around trying to figure out what was getting her! C was upset and I almost peed my pants and fell out from laughing so hard! She figured out the whole thing very quickly and has been quiet this evening.

We transferred it to Sprout but alas it is raining...We'll get to try it out though. He started rough-housing and teasing the piggy. He has a great big voice and it got him. Poor baby thought she did it at first and then thought is was coming from behind...He couldn't "find it" so I got more laughter. Laughter is good for you. It's proven.

Cassidy is sleeping the evening away...Guess it's pretty tiring to bark all night. I'm told she "respects the collar" and knows when it's on. We shall see...

4 comments:

  1. I used a bark collar for my little one. We started with a shock collar, and she got the hint after a single use. We then downgraded to a collar that just beeps. She's still very vocal, but it's not the constant anxiety barking. I actually noticed that the beep collar calmed her down. I know that some people are totally against shock collars but...they're better than having a neighbor call animal control and having the dog taken back to a shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're bad! but I am guilty of laughing hysterically at a foster dog trying to figure out the electric fence. When anything touched him after that, he jumped straight up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they have those for humans too...cause that would be great.

    LOL! I love the visual of them looking around like WTF?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5/06/2009

    I didn't even know there was such a thing as bark collars. Ha! I should inform my neighbor to get one for his barking dog.

    ReplyDelete