Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

2009 will be good. I looked back to see what I was posting about a year ago and it wasn't horrible by any stretch of the imagination but I think this year looks better. Last year KJ was having hearing trouble again, Z was sick, I was starting a new job and I was trying to figure out how to pay for Sprout's surgery. This year all are healthy and happy and I'm the one facing surgery, but it's minor s no bog deal.

J made country ham, mashed potatoes, corn and peas for dinner. My sis, her hubby and son all came over. Everyone competed with the Wii and the puppies ran amok. Char was to spend the night, but sold KJ on going to his house to play wrestling on the Wii. Poor Joslin - she planned on having 0 kids and ended up with 3. I planned on 3 and ended up with none. lol It's 11 and I haven't heard from anyone so all must be going well.

I stayed up playing Wii and J and I missed the ball drop but opened the champagne anyway. I need to get started on the gumbo I promised the fam. They are all coming over so I'll have about 6 folks over.

Vacation is coming to an end. Sad, Sad, Sad. I head back to work on Monday. My job was brand new at this time last year. It turned out to not be what I expected, but it's been good. I had work to do over the holidays and was to do it yesterday though I discovered my password expired. I can't log on so it will have to wait.

As far as resolutions, they are pretty much always the same...I hope to have fun, continue learning and try to keep my room cleaner! Hope you're off to a great start too!

No comments:

Post a Comment