Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Randon Ramblings...

I have so much swirl in my brain right now I almost can't stand it...Here are some quick pics..The first is KJ with his "best birthday present ever!"...And the rest are from the beach:


One thing that's top of mind for me today is all the coverage about "BarakO," as KJ calls him, being the first black president in the US. I was raised to be color-blind. Have never really been prejudice. None of my kids are white. And the thought that flashed right through my brain was"Oh, yeah, he is black isnt he." I totally get the historical significance. It is, and this is a huge step in the right direction, but my real question is...How long will it take until color actually becomes a non-issue?

Here's a list totally tagged from Kristen:
1. What is your occupation right now? Project
2. What color are your socks right now? white
3. What are you listening to right now? Child #3 throwing a tantrum, She was removed
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Carrot Cake Cookie
5. Can you drive a stick shift? yes
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? EH
7. How old are you today? 36
8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? No contest…football
9. What is your favorite drink? Coffee or Beer
10. Have you ever dyed your hair? Every few months
11. Favorite food? Fried zucchini
12. What is the last movie you watched? Girl Interrupted with Oldest child
13. Favorite day of the year? Easter
14. How do you vent anger? physical labor
15. Favorite toy as a child? purple, banana seat bike
16. What is your favorite season? Spring…I love it when everything comes back to life
17. Cherries or Blueberries? blueberries
18. Living arrangements? A Cape Cod with too many people & pets
19. When was the last time you cried? at the beach
20. What is on the floor of your closet? A mess - bag bin, shoes, "important" files
21. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Clarence
22. What did you do last night? stayed glued to election poll results on my laptop and tv in bed, playing video games
23. What are you most afraid of? My children never growing up and leaving home - lol
24. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? Cheese, medium-rare
25. Favorite dog breed(s)? whatever is at the pound and in need of a good home...like Sprout my American Bulldog
26. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
27. How many states have you lived in? 2 (VA, VT)
28. Diamonds or pearls? No contest…diamonds
29. What is your favorite flower? whichever is blooming in my yard
Nina, I'll catch yours next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment