Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted...

Did you?

I heard from folks that Chesterfield made national news based on our voting fiasco during the primaries. ..Since my voting place was the one that ran out of ballots I wasn't surprised when they added an extra location for my precinct. I had high hopes until the ex called and told me he got on line 10 minutes before the polls opened and reported it took him over 3 hours to get through...C and I waited hoping folks would have gone to work or seen the line and decided to come back later but that was soooooo not the case. It took us 2 hours and 40 minutes (standing outside in the rain for well over an hour of that) but we did it. We finished up around 1130 and over 1500 ballots had already been cast...

Then Miss Candi and I went to hang since we took the day off...we collected free coffee at Starbucks, hit Ben & Jerry's and Krispy Kreme. For those of you poor souls unfamiliar with Krispy Kreme, think hot, fresh doghnuts straight off the conveyor belt. LOL

Now I'm home to watch the results. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment