Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Mixed Bag

Wow! Where does the time go? The holidays are fast approaching and while I'm totally unprepared I am looking forward to them. It's hard to believe I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks...but I'm typing well now. I get x-rays next week and hopefully m cast off. They added new exercises this week and told me to remove the cast for light activities to get it stronger again.
KJ has had a very on and off week. He's gotten good news home every day but seems like something is really bothering him. While doing great in all subjects he's a bit behind on reading so they've put him in the pals program to help him catch up. He says he doesn't want to be in it and doesn't like that school is getting harder. Poor little guy...He's only in 1st grade and has at least 11 more years to go. I read to his class this week for national reading day. Since it was pajama day I went in my robe. He was so pleased. I'm glad I made the time to make it happen for him. And he lost a tooth yesterday. Z dropped it and it was lost...I reassured him that since the last time she came it was such a fiasco and because his sister was the one to lose it she would cut him some slack. He woke up crying today. I checked to see what was wrong and he said she didn't come. I told him I saw her and we'd better go check again. He found his dollar and was much better. I do so love that little guy.
Z is doing well too. She's in a phonics program at school and loving it - The only part I hate is that she has homework now...When the teacher told me I must have made a sad ugly face because the teach told me not to look "like that." So far we've turned one assignment in late and lost this weeks. I need to do better there.
C is doing well and has worked a lot this week. Poor girl was so tired last night.
Report cards come soon so hopefully we'll have great news there too. In the meantime I have GOT to get my grocery list together for next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment