Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Are you frugal?

I've been talking with several of my friends this week each wishing they had more money and trying to get onto better budgets and I found myself asking if they had looked through their expenses to see what they could easily eliminate to begin with. They were all looking for examples and since I do this a few times a year I thought you all might want some ideas...
  • Call your phone company to see how low you can go - I'm down to $20 a month
  • Re-evaluate your TV channels choices...What's the cheapest package with the channels you actually watch?
  • Use the Library and/or check out Blockbuster or Netflix
  • Clip Coupons and it's easy to cut the bill by 25%
  • Cut out one dinner out a month
  • Use Online Billpay and eliminate stamps
  • Group your errands so you drive less
  • Wash your laundry in cold water
  • Turn off the extra lights and unplug stuff you don't use much - they still use some electricity when plugged in and turned off
  • Don't insure your land on your home owner's policy...the house is really what you want to protect right?
  • Use one insurance company, raise your deductible and ask for discounts
  • Change the temp on your ac when you're out...how cool do our pets really need to be?

What ideas do you have? Post it in a comment!

1 comment:

  1. NO.....you know I'm not frugal! I probably should be but...ummm, I have no excuses.

    on another note....I am SO excited that you are going down to OBX for a week!!

    ReplyDelete