Thursday, July 26, 2007

Some days it just sucks to be a girl!

I'm 35. I had my 1st ever mammogram today. It's not what they tell you, though it usually never is, eh? It was uncomfortable but the woman was charming and we had a good conversation as I turned and pushed to get my boobs smooshed. haha

I learned they take 2 pics of each side and one of both but of course that was not the case for me. They took 1 extra of the right side and 3 of the left. Thanks to UVA and their digital mams I got to see all the pics myself as they happened. Pretty cool. I do have a spot of something. The woman marked off all my scars thinking that might be what she was seeing, but it wasn't. I'll wait for the phone call in a week to see what tests they'd like to do next. Based on what I looked up it will likely be an ultrasound or MRI and then they'll go from there. I was glad I got to see the spot myself. Even though I'm a doctor by any stretch of the imagination at least I know what my doctor is looking at. I'm sure it will all be fine as it always has in the past, but some days being a girl really sucks!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lily girl..try not to worry. You are in my prayers. I'm sure everything is going to be alright.

    love..nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lil - I remember my first mamo! They tell you to place it on the "self" and I am thinking....I don't have enough to "place" on the "self"...there is only one thing I can think of that you will be squeezing!! LOL. I am sure you will be fine. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Much Love - Chueh

    ReplyDelete