Monday, March 26, 2012

Once Upon a Time...

I was thin. Not skinny ever mind you but a nice healthy size. Quite grabbable...I got into a nasty relationship and finally left...Depressed, jobless and fat. I started walking. A lot. (Like 5-miles-in-100-degree-heat a lot.) It was a welcome break (since I moved home to my parents) a great way to release anger, time to think and helped me restore my body. I lost 50 pounds.

Fast forward 8 years and you will find me unhappy in my marriage and pregnant with my 3rd child and yes, fat again. (Pregnancy tends to do that for you in a happy marriage.) After the birth of Z I decided to do the Monument Avenue 10k. Shin splints eventually required my weekday "runs" to be on the elliptical to avoid the pounding. I had to nurse before my runs and wear two sports bras. I saved my long distances for Saturdays and had to ice my shins afterwards. I can't find the damn pictures of course but here's one from the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure I ran next.
Weight's been tricky for me my entire adult life. I contemplated the 10k again this year but I allowed the gift of a hysterectomy for Valentine's Day to derail me. Six weeks Post-op and without any more physical restrictions I got out and walked 2 miles today. I have been eating better. I have dropped 10lbs. I want to lose another 40. I've been saying that for about 2 years now. Time to do something about it. Join me. Please?


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/29/2012

    I'm joining you!!! I'm down 10 lbs too!!! We are fucking rock stars girl, WE CAN DO THIS! I realize you are probably inviting locals to walk with you, but just visualize my fat ass and all will be good.

    ReplyDelete