Friday, July 15, 2011

Embarrasing Moments

Yesterday I won't with the uber-happy annoying song "It's Friday" playing in my head. Knowing I was fortunate to work from home i let the kids sleep, whipped out my laptop and curled back up on my bed in an effort to crank out many efforts before they "came to."

Then I looked at my calendar.

It was NOT Friday.

It was Thursday, Dammit, and I should be leaving the house in 15 minutes.

I woke the kids, helped feed the 4 dogs, 2 cats and rowdy goldfish while giving my hair a quickie and throwing on some clothes...We made it out of the house in 30 minutes flat. Not bad.

As we drove down the road the boy loudly gasped and yelled "Mom, we need to go back to the house!"

I declared it was not going to happen and asked why...You ready?

"I forgot to put my pants on! I don't want to walk across Dad's yard in my boxers!"

As I laughed  my ass off sympathized I said he could chalk it up to an embarrassing moment and a lesson learned. I also helpfully pointed out that while I may have gone to work wearing slippers I have never forgotten my pants.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. This is pretty hilarious, and totally something I would do (forgetting what day of the week it is, not sure I would ever forget my pants....)

    ReplyDelete