Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What?

By the way, I did a 10lb turkey in my crockpot for Thanksgiving. It felt risky but was a total sucess. Best damn bird I've ever eaten.

The kids are coloring. We will put up a tree with wish list items for Odessa's fosters on paper Christmas ornaments (on a tree of course) at the adoption stand we will have Saturday.  It will be cold "as a witches tit" but I'll be out at the PetSmart on Hull St for the Metro Richmond Pet Savers Event from 11-3...If you are local come say hi. Heck, pack up and come even if you're not local if that floats your boat. You can meet Willow and play with LOTS of puppies...we are trying to re-home 2 large litters. There will be other pups there too.

Willow was featured on a local radio station as one of the 12 dogs of Christmas...You can read her write up I did by clicking on the link. She's gotten her housetraining down. Now if I could bring myself to go outside to get her to stop peeing on the deck we might be set.

I am in LOOOVE with Sylvester. Roscoe still hates him but I don't. He's gotten the crate down and will now sit or lay down for treats. I can take toys from him and handle his collar. He loves walks. That crate thing though? He will only go in "his" crate. I put him in the kitchen's wire, panless crate tonight and he bent up the bottom them proceeded to pick it up and slam it on the ground. No good. And he refused to go in the other plastic crate I have. He will only go willingly into "his" crate. He really is enjoying the kids and they him too.

The holiday season is upon us and I am busy, busy busy...Only 5 more working days and 500 things to get done...Only 4 or 5 more parties. I am missing one as we speak and can't keep count. Without a calendar I would be a lost soul wandering and quietly babbling nonsense to herself. As it is though we will make it...and then swear off everything but fun events we want to attend for the last 2 weeks of the year.

Fail of the day? I put up the Christmas tree in the bay window in the kitchen foolishly thinking i might not have to redecorate it daily. Wrong. I tried to move the 6ft fully decorated tree to the living room this evening. It did not go well. The tree is back together though and fully redecorated once again...Send my tree good vibes. It needs it.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/09/2010

    Turkey in a crockpot? I'm going to have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't tell me that the fully decorated tree fell down and went boom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do try the turkey Jude. It was Ah-Maz-Ing.

    And yes, CJ...tree go boom. It's recovered though and resting nicely. lol

    ReplyDelete