Saturday, September 19, 2009

Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do, and. Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do.

That line appears in Chapter 2 of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and while I've always admired him and I've gotz some skillz, I've never claimed to be that good...

Last night D was coming over to help me finish prepping the bathroom. J had done half of it already so the 3 of us tried to finish up the prep. Today she came back, there was much consultation and in the end J & D took over, sending me out to paint all the trim, towel bar and other things that would be out of the way.

C arrived next (not my daughter.) Now you may or may not remember that she helped last weekend too. Today, she couldn't stand it. She wanted to paint too. So I gave her the brush.

Now don't get me wrong, I was actually kinda looking forward to doing the work. I was frustrated at this point because I want it finshed and they've been awesome. I think everyone feels really good about the work that's been done and with so many bodies in and out all week you can no longer tell who did what. Everyone did some. Hell, they each wanted to help pick the color. I'm still amazed. ..

4 comments:

  1. yay for group efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and hooray for a finished bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you know that when I go to your blog...I get a "content warning". hahahhaa....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos!

    and yea, what's up the content warning?

    ReplyDelete