Saturday, July 18, 2009

Riggo's first full day on the Stud Farm

This is the note I sent to his "Auntie."

Hi there. I need to dig your nephew's address out of the car still so thought I'd pass along an update to you. Riggo had a good day. He was loose in my room after going out after breakfast this morning while I was out running errands including picking up the biggest crate I've ever seen for him to use while here. :)

I also got him a gentle leader to aid in walking and we went out and trekked a mile together today after he had a bath. He did very well staying by my side the whole way.

After that I worked about a half hour to get him into his crate. But he settled right in. Thankfully it is large enough for him to stand without ducking his head and to turn around comfortably. He has his own bed now and was very good while loose in the house this evening too.

After going out before bedtime I'm afraid he totally fixated on the cats upstairs. I did ground him and he responded ok. He is certainly not used to it. It will take a bit of work to get him listening consistently.

He is located in the living room now so he's with us all the time and can get used to all the activity here without being overwhelmed. He was still wanting to be a bit mouthy with my 5 yr old so that requires very close supervision. I expect it will improve and he's great with the 8yr old.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks,

1 comment: