Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's been how many days!?!

It's been a bit of a whirlwind I guess. My new job is going well and I am enjoying it so far.
I tell ya though. I'm all partied out! The kids have had like 5 parties all ready this year and I have vowed to "just say no" when it comes to birthday parties for awhile. It sounds awful but I feel like I'm out buying presents as admission fees to these parties...I know that's not the intent but they've all been held at some over-stimulating venue, resulting in parents taking the presents home to open later and the kids not really even playing that much together. You can get what I'm saying right? I'm talking like Chuck-E-Cheese, Ice Skating, Roller Skating and Bowling. And that's just in the last 3 weeks! Whew.

I'm sure many are wondering how the no smoking goes. Eh, not so much. The medicine made me anxious...I mean like nervous, like bouncing off the walls, like my skin was screaming (not too loud though), so I quit taking it. I am smoking about 1/3 of the cigs I would normally smoke and am going to keep it there for awhile before going all the way.
The weight loss is going ok too. I lost 3 lbs this week bringing my total to 6. I'm hoping running across campus for meetings all day will help too. ;)

Trevor had to go. I'm sorry to say he tried to bite over one of Z's toys and I finally bit the bullet. I surrendered him with offers of giving his crate and leash along with a long bio and all his pet records to help him get him adopted - and he has. I think the household just finally got to be too much for him.

Sprout tore his ligament in his "good leg" so he has a surgery comsult next week...Think "DAMN, you're the most expensive dog I've ever owned!!!" We'll see what they have to say and go from there. I submitted his photos for a calendar hoping he can pimp himself out and earn some money for his surgery so we'll see. LOL The company does want to shoot he and Layla but haven't committed to a timeline. It's a yearly fundraiser for pit bull rescue dogs. We'll see what happens...I imagine they'll want him for free, but one can hope.

C is doing well in school and at work. She is still honor roll, got a raise and is being looked at for assistant manager...I'm very proud but hope and pray the job still sucks enough to keep her motivated to attend college.

KJ is doing better and is in the process of being assessed for ADHD. Dad and the pastor want to blame it just on being a boy but I don't think so and want to get him all the help he can have. He's truly struggling with reading and needs to catch up with the other children to be happy and successful.
Z is fine and sweet is ever...On MLK we just laid in bed til 10, each reading our own books.

I hope you are all doing well! I hope to do better at staying up to date. Let's chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment