Friday, October 21, 2011

One of the best ways to work

Dena has been out of town all week in Newport News. I've had a shit-ton of work to get through this week! Pile up work-work, kids to keep up with and animals to care for and I really did not have much room to breathe.

The bright spot was clearing my calendar with the exception of one meeting and setting up work at the kitchen table Thursday. I had fresh coffee and quiet. It was wonderful. I worked for about 9 hours periodically gazing out the big picture window and relishing the pure, simple, lack of interruptions. I got more done in one day than I can in 2-3 in the office. Never ceases to amaze me.
 When I was done I tried to teach Oz to play fetch (he did actually bring the stick back once) and danced to the radio while I made a Shepherd's Pie. I ate while playing on my computer and watched what I wanted on tv without any remarks or comments. I picked up the wee one from cheering and turned in early with my snuggle-pig.

It was an excellent day.

No comments:

Post a Comment