Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

How do you keep a 7 yr old girl quiet after she's been fed 3 meals and 2 snacks by 6pm and still  whining she's hungry? Give her a block of mozzarella as big as he head to gnaw on. When she complains it tastes like string cheese say, "Oh no, that's not string cheese! It's pizza cheese - the same stuff they put on pizza." and continue sweeping.

Today is Mother's Day. We headed home from a weekend at Massanutten. We stopped in to visit our Mee-Maw on the way. Upon arrival we unpacked, started laundry - um, I mostly mean I did - Then I mowed the lawn, put round up on the poison ivy and played fetch with the dogs. I snuck dinner in there too...only high quality Chef Boyardee for us tonight.

Now it is quiet as the children clean their rooms and we get ready for another week. The dog was big help while I swept by the way. I am getting ready to sit down and review my finances...Someday I'll miss all this commotion. Today I am tired, happy and relaxed. I hope you had a great Mother's Day too!
Of course the eldest skipped this trip...We'll woo her soon though with the beach.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good day. Happy Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete