Monday, November 2, 2009

What's today?

asks the 6 yr old. I reply it's Monday all day long..."I know Mommy, we don't change days in the afternoon but Ok, now this is getting weird...I go to school on Mondays and on Tuesdays but now I don't. What is going on?" The teachers are having work days here to meet with the parents. No worries, you'll go back Wednesday.

I got to tote the kids and dogs immediately after work to a microchip clinic. They were leased to have their Dad's Michael Jackson cd in tow. Kj pointed out that all the songs were nice and about peace after hearing Heal the World. He also mentioned that MJ was like a white MLK, Jr. I pointed out that while color does not matter, MJ wasn't white. I was informed that while he knew that, MJ spent a goood portion of his life as a white man so KJ will call it like he sees it.

And you know why it sucks to be his best friend? I didn't. Kid has the flu on his birthday so in my son's words, "sucks to be him." Meanwhile, Mommy has a headache and a low fever. I'm going to bed too.

3 comments:

  1. There's a four year old at work who is the biggest MJ fan out there. Today he was singing "I'm Bad"!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/03/2009

    MJ is white lol, nice...

    The flu is going around like wild fire, (and no I don't mean the H1N1, damn virus) hope you feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon. My daughter was diagnosed with h1n1 yesterday, so I feel your pain.

    GO TO BED.

    ReplyDelete